Monday 4 August 2014

It's the final countdown ......sort of

Heyy everyone,
so I now have under a month (just) until I fly out to Japan. I'm excited, nervous and .... excited. I fly out on the 2nd of September, and start orientation at Meiji University on the 10th which means I have a week to settle in and do fun things before everything gets a bit more serious.

Since its still a little while before I can start blogging about exciting goings on in Japan I thought I would talk about some Japan related things I've been up to.

VISA...... I now have one.
(shameless embassy photo...i stood in the sun :'( ) ^^^


Me and my friend Viv  (above) went to the Japanese embassy in London last week and applied for our visa's. I got a hideous Visa photo taken,  handed in my application, waited 4 days, parted with £20 and somehow came home with a pink Sakura visa.


They look a little something like this. (or a lot like this if you are in fact batman)

The other Japan related thing I got up to was going to a Japanese culture convention in London called HYPER JAPAN. It was great fun and was probably one of my favourite conventions this year. I wore cosplay all weekend.

Here is one of ( left to right) Myself, Viv, and our friend Lauren, when we got asked for a photo for the HYPER JAPAN photobook.



HYPER JAPAN is a great con if you are interested in Japanese culture. I got to try loads of different foods and drinks that I would never normally be able to get hold of in England.I had my first Takoyaki, and even though I could still see the suckers on the fried octopus I really liked it.  There was also (of course) a lot of stalls and events from Ninja displays, to cosplay masquerades. So if you like Japan, and/or its culture then I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment