Sunday 7 September 2014

I'M IN TOKYO!!!!

Hey everyone, so I've M.I.A for a few weeks, partly because of being really busy preparing everything, and saying goodbye to friends and family, and partly because of lack of good internet connection.... anyway I'm back now and im posting from tokyo (wooohooo).
 I flew from Heathrow to Narita leaving on the 2nd September at 1:05 , and arriving on the 3rd September at 8:50 am (ish) before i get into life in Tokyo I'll talk about getting here.

preparing for life in Japan. 

heyy soo since i havnt written anything i thought id write a really short list of some of the basic things i needed to get ready for coming to tokyo.

  • certificate of eligibility and visa
  • book flights
  • order yen 
  • yakkan shoumei - importation of more than 1 months worth of medication 
  • contact bank
They may seem obvious to some people, but if you have any questions about anything listed please feel free to ask :)


On Arrival

When you arrive in Japan there are also things you need to do. When  you enter Japan at one of the major airports, you queue up at the immigration counters, hand over your passport/visa and if you are staying for over 3 months they  give you an "Alien residence card" or a "zairyu card". on arrival in Japan you then have two weeks to register your address at your local city/ward hall.  When you have registered your address you also have to apply for Japanese health insurance.
 

..... I'm off to register my address tomorrow .... I think I've forgotten all the Japanese i know ..... help me D:

No comments:

Post a Comment