Thursday 11 September 2014

Enrolment at Meiji Uni

soo I've been in Tokyo just over a week now, and yesterday I had my first day (of many) of my enrolment week.
It went pretty well, considering I got lost on my Bike and had to stop half way to get the train so I arrived in time D: ..... my crappy directional skills haven't magically improved in Tokyo.




The first day of enrolment itself was mostly spent watching a power point about various things including health insurance, dorms, ect and filling out a form, we did get a posh looking Meiji bag full of Meiji booklets though.


 we were then given an hours break before returning to take our first Japanese language proficiency torture test. We had 1 hour 30 minutes to answer 150 multi choice questions in Japanese, starting easy and getting harder, all the way to fluent .... luckily they had a わかりません ( I don't understand) option, which I definitely abused towards the end of the test. After the test "Larni was freeeee" though they didn't give me a sock, just the morbid promise of an interview test on Friday.
I left as quickly as I could to get back to Ueno station, where I had left my beautiful Mama Chari (in some kind of bicycle trap parking thing that I had to pay to remove it from >.>) but on the way got distracted by beautiful nerdy things.





 My nerdy greed meant that I spent too much money ended up getting trapped in a freak rain storm and so had to kill a few hours before I could cycle home. Getting my bike out cost me 200 yen .... crying inside.

(The storm represents my tears)

No comments:

Post a Comment